Be Creative with Authentic Australian Ingredients
Why deal with Australian Functional Ingredients Pty Ltd?
Vic Cherikoff is credited as a pioneer of the Australian Wild Food Industry, some say the Grandfather (or should that be Godfather?) of Australian wild foods and flavours. As a scientist, author and entrepreneur, he has put his degree in Applied Biology to work in developing bioactive resources, including unique flavour blends, freeze dried wild food ingredients, topical cosmetic functionals, antimicrobials, super-nutritionals and more. These ingredients have grown from bush tucker to bush food, native foods and now wild foods.
When Vic Cherikoff started in business over 30 years ago, the only supplies were to be foraged where they grew wild. Read more here if you wish but today’s offerings are fully professional, quality controlled, sustainably harvested, scientifically scrutinized. Experience the authentic tastes of this Land or benefit from the functional ingredients (food, flavours, antimicrobials, super-nutritionals) from the wild resources which were once only known to the families of the clans that made up the 600 nations of the World’s longest living culture; the Indigenous Australians.
- Try Fresher4Longer natural food rinse™ for fresh produce. Get longer shelf life, reduce food waste, enhance food safety save the environment
Functional ingredients and flavours: We are expert in supplying many mainstream food manufacturers with functional Australian ingredients including blends, extracts and other products to differentiate new products or renew old ones or
Create Inspiring Menus using Wild Foods
Use the search tool in the top right hand corner of this page. Just enter your keyword(s) and see what we have indexed if you want more information on:
- Foraging for herbs, spices, fruits, berries, infused oils, paperbark or other wild foods?
- Hunting for innovative, functional flavours to differentiate your product and brand as a manufacturer?
- Are you an adventurous chef, cook or foodie wanting to know more about Australian food?
- Or is your interest in our ‘Rolls Royce’ health product – LIFE or other nutritionally dense wild foods for health and vitality?
- Check out this interview I did on ABC radio about my work on wild foods
- Or if you are just browsing for more information on Australian herbs, spices, fruits and other wild foods head on to the blogs on various bits and pieces of Recent News
- And then there is a way that we can help you as a benefit of the growing interest in wild foods as the newest health foods of the longest living culture on the planet.Most people get excited or want to learn more when they discover that they can get healthy using wild foods. It is also possible to pay off those bills, get away for more holidays, escape the 9 to 5 or make sure their kids finish Uni with no debts or stress.If you want to learn how, please add yourself to this list and I’ll call you if you want next year to be different to this one.
- Click here for more on Australian ingredients as wild foods and natural flavours e.g. Wattleseed™, lemon myrtle sprinkle, Alpine pepper, paperbark etc. Or ingredients for cosmetics eg grass lily, quandong kernel extract, Kakadu plum, jalbi and more.
- Click here for Australian recipes and more on our emerging Australian cuisine eg Wattleseed™ pavlova or barramundi in paperbark or Coconut and Lemon myrtle brulée
- Click here for Australian functional ingredients eg our natural antimicrobial, Herbal-Active®, bioactive flavours eg forest anise, fruit spice, Kakadu Complex®.
- Australian menu ideas and specifically our Skews® or the 13 part TV series on Australian cooking, Dining Downunder.
- or our blog on recent news items, new products and industry happenings. Click here for a list of all my articles on a relatively wide variety of topics but all to do with Australian food.
Australian Functional Ingredients include spices, herbs, fruits, seeds, nuts, sauces, splashes, seasonings, syrups, infused oils, extracts, concentrates and more. Used in authentic Australian recipes these unique flavours are defining Australian food and help chefs and home cooks to create what is becoming and emerging authentic Australian cuisine.
Vic Cherikoff is regarded as a pioneer of the native Australian food industry and has nearly 30 years of experience in commercializing wild food species, taking them from the wild as bush tucker or bush foods to developing them into sophisticated, versatile, authentic Australian foods, beverages and functional ingredients. Where else would you go except to the market leader for quality, range, volumes and innovation of Australian ingredients and professionalism of service?
To begin exploring this website on Australian food, the 3 links below might help:
1. Cherikoff Rare Spices – our retail range for creative cooks and foodies
The first is on our growing range of retail products (follow this link to go to our on-line store). Here you will find our food ingredients, cookbooks and also L.I.F.E. (Lyophilized Indigenous Food Essentials)™, a new Super Food beverage which is beginning to make waves across Australia, New Zealand, the USA and Europe. We urge you to try some and feel the difference in your health and vitality.
Give your own familiar recipes a uniquely Australian flavour with our distinctively delicious, nutritiously enticing herbs, spices, fruits, seeds and products made from them. It is really easy to add a sprinkle or a dash of a wild food product to transform a dish and add that Wow! factor.
2. Cherikoff Wild Foods – our professional chefs’ range
This second link below will take you to our professional chef pages but anyone who loves new flavours, foods and creative cooking can start learning about our emerging authentic Australian cuisine here. Our on-line store also caters for wholesale purchasers so it’s easy to get commercial sized quantities of Lemon myrtle sprinkle, Wattleseed™, Alpine pepper, Riberry and our other confits and the other outstanding products in our wide range of catering ingredients.
Chefs and restaurateurs – fill your outlet with customers who rave about your food. What better way to promote your establishment than word of mouth and becoming part of a global trend exploring the newest flavors in the food industry. Why offer the same ingredients, same dishes or same menus as your competitors? Download our current Product Glossary and start building your competitive advantage.
3. Our functional ingredients and flavors for manufacturers
We also supply the more discerning leading manufacturers of brands you see on supermarket shelves and in specialty stores, companies which realize the competitive edge a uniquely Australian food twist brings to a product range. Here you will also find information on our cosmetic ingredients and functionals such as Herbal-Active® and Fresher4Longer natural food rinse™ which are classed as natural flavours yet have strong antimicrobial action when used in appropriate foods, beverages and cosmetics. Email or call for more information for your specific needs.
Our unique Australian ingredients give you a competitive edge. Our flavors will create interest; revitalize existing products; or create entirely new ones; and in the process bring in plenty of new customers.
And be sure to check out our other related website where you’ll find more wild food recipes and lots of videos from the Dining Downunder television series.
We have categorized the many articles and blogs on our information and news relevant to the Australian (and global) food industry. Use the column on the right (or find it below on your phone). It is headed Articles & Posts and they cover a host of topics about wild foods, nutrition, food waste, food safety, wild food recipes and more.
Articles & Posts
Wild Foods and Nutrition
Wild Food, Cuisine and Cooking
Food Waste and Food Safety
- Feta cheese marinated with Paperbark Smoke Oil
- Wattleseed and red wine sauce
- Lemon Myrtle Sprinkle butter sauce
- Light Lemon Myrtle mayonnaise
- Tom yum bush (Australian Thai-style corn and lime soup)
- Gumleaf salmon sushi
- Wild fruit compote
- Wattleseed Pavlova
- Lemon aspen ricotta filling
- Wattleseed cream
- Sugarbag drizzle
- Gumleaf bavarois
- Lemon myrtle rum baba
- Bushman’s Silverside
- Braised pork hocks
- Fruit spice ice cream
- Crusted Rack
- Pork fillet
- Pork Kassler with Lemon Myrtle pancakes and Maple & ironwood syrup