Be Creative with Authentic Australian Ingredients
Why deal with Australian Functional Ingredients Pty Ltd? Vic Cherikoff is credited as a pioneer of the Australian Wild Food Industry, some say the Grandfather (or should that be Godfather?) of Australian wild foods and flavours. As a scientist, author and entrepreneur, he has put his degree in Applied Biology to work in developing bioactive resources, including unique flavour blends, freeze dried wild food ingredients, topical cosmetic functionals, antimicrobials, super-nutritionals and more.
When Vic Cherikoff started in business over 40 years ago, the only supplies were to be foraged where they grew wild. Read more here if you wish but today’s offerings are fully professional, quality controlled, sustainably harvested, scientifically scrutinized and perfect for anyone wanting to experience the authentic tastes of this Land or use the amazing skin care actives which were once only known to the families of the clans that made up the 600 nations of the World’s longest living culture; the Indigenous Australians.
- Get our Natural Antimicrobial, Herbal-Active® for food or cosmetic manufacture
- Try Herbal-Active® Natural Food Rinse™ for fresh produce. Get longer shelf life, reduce food waste, enhance food safety, help save the environment and preserve the little nutritional value remaining in conventional fruits and vegetables
- Explore our Functional ingredients and flavours: We are expert in supplying many mainstream food manufacturers with functional Australian ingredients including blends, extracts and other products to differentiate new products or renew old ones or
- Create Inspiring Menus using Wild Foods and help establish an authentic Australian cuisine
Use the search tool in the top right hand corner of this page. Just enter your keyword(s) and see what we have indexed.
Or follow the links below if you want more information on:
- Foraging for herbs, spices, fruits, berries, infused oils, paperbark smoke oil or other wild foods?
- Hunting for innovative, functional flavours to differentiate your product and brand as a manufacturer?
- Are you an adventurous chef, cook or foodie wanting to know more about Australian food?
- Click here for our nutritional boosters and how Australian functional ingredients work as the basis of PhytoMedicine 3.0
- Australian menu ideas or a little light entertainment from the 2003, 13 part TV series on Australian cooking, Dining Downunder
- or Click here for a list of all my articles on a relatively wide variety of topics but all to do with Australian food.
Australian Functional Ingredients include fruits, spices, herbs, fruit confits and syrups, sauces, seasonings, infused oils, extracts, concentrates and more. Used in authentic Australian recipes these unique flavours are defining Australian food and help chefs and home cooks to create what is becoming an emerging authentic Australian cuisine.
Vic Cherikoff is regarded as a pioneer of the Australian wild food industry and has nearly 40 years of experience in commercializing wild food species and taking them from the wild as bush tucker or bush foods to developing them into sophisticated, versatile, authentic Australian foods, beverages and functional ingredients. Where else would you go except to the market leader for the most economically versatile and innovative Australian ingredients and professionalism of service?
Give your own familiar recipes a uniquely Australian flavour with our distinctively delicious, nutritiously enticing herbs, spices, fruits, seeds and products made from them. It is really easy to add a sprinkle or a dash of a wild food product to transform a dish and add that Wow! factor.
- Cherikoff Wild Foods – our professional chefs’ range
This second link below will take you to our professional chef pages but anyone who loves new flavours, foods and creative cooking can start learning about Vic Cherikoff and AUstralian Functional Ingredients here. Our on-line store also caters for wholesale purchasers so it’s easy to get commercial sized quantities of Lemon myrtle sprinkle, Wattleseed, Alpine pepper, Riberry confit and the other products in our wide range of catering ingredients.
Chefs and restaurateurs – fill your outlet with customers who rave about your food. What better way to promote your establishment than word of mouth and becoming part of a global trend exploring the newest flavors in the food industry. Download our current Product Glossary.
- Our functional ingredients and flavours for manufacturers
We also supply the more discerning leading manufacturers of brands you see on supermarket shelves and in specialty stores, companies which realize the competitive edge a uniquely Australian food twist brings to a product range. Here you will also find information on our cosmetic ingredients and functional such as Herbal-Active® and Herbal-Active® natural food rinse™ which are classed as natural flavours yet have strong antimicrobial action when used in appropriate foods, beverages and cosmetics. Email or call for more information for your specific needs.
Our unique Australian ingredients give you a competitive edge. Our flavors will create interest; re-vitalise existing products; or create entirely new ones; and in the process bring in plenty of new customers.
And be sure to check out our other related website where you’ll find more wild food recipes and lots of videos from the Dining Downunder television series.
We have categorized the many articles and blogs on our information and news relevant to the Australian (and global) food industry. Use the column on the right (or find it below on your phone). It is headed Articles & Posts and they cover a host of topics about wild foods, nutrition, food waste, food safety, wild food recipes and more.
Are you doing the best for your nutrition? Discover the truth about our modern foods. Read More…