Administrative Officer – we are hiring now
We are currently seeking an Administrative Officer (Indigenous Australian preferred) with experience in invoicing, planning order fulfilment, customer liaison and inventory management. Be part of a small team moving indigenous wild food products to the world.
The Administrative Officer position is key to our operations. The ideal candidate will be a mature individual able to work independently as well as supervising the running of day to day orders and invoicing, stock maintenance, quality procedures and customer service. An out-going, self-confident personality is needed with capability in sensitively managing other team members.
Computing skills are essential with Microsoft Office (email, Excel and Word) a minimum. Use of on-line portals for booking of freight and processing credit cards is routine. Maintenance of local and cloud based records and customer histories and files are part of the quality control and HACCP requirements of our industry as is the maintenance and development of our quality control procedures.
Organisation and time planning and pushing others to work in an organized and tidy manner is an essential requirement. Cross-checking of completed orders prior to dispatch to minimize errors is routine. If you tend to be overly relaxed and messy, this is not the position for you.
The candidate will answer to the Managing Director although we do run a flat management system. Duties will even extend to occasional help in the warehouse, packing orders if time is short or orders are particularly involved. This is also part of our training/induction program to gain an understanding of our products.
Work hours are flexible with our factory operating from 8am to 5pm M-F but the role is a full time or near full time position. We are located a 15 minute walk from Kingsgrove railway station and buses go past our premises but there is space for off-street parking for the candidate's own vehicle next to or near our premises.
To summarize this position:
Your new role
- Responding to incoming calls and emails
- Processing orders and invoicing customers
- Liaising with customers and distributors
- Following up with customers and tracking orders
- Handling quality control documentation
- Assisting other team members when needed
What You'll Need To Succeed
- 1-2 years experience within administration or customer service
- Manufacturing experience highly desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to show initiative and work well in a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and personal organization
- Humble and motivated attitude
- Understanding of food hygiene
- Flexibility and willing to go above and beyond
What You'll Get In Return
- Industry and systems training provided
- Work for a market leading company
- Easy-going team culture
- Access to off-road parking
- Immediate start
What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to support at cherikoff dot net