4 cutlet pork lamb or beef rack
100g macadamia nut pieces
1g native mint
25g soft butter
50ml Cherikoff Mountain pepper BBQ sauce
150ml demi glace
50ml red wine
5g native pepperberries
· Trim the rack and cut the bone at the base.
· In a processor, blend the macadamia nuts, breadcrumbs, native mint and the soft butter. Season with salt and pepper.
· Press this mixture all over the outside of the rack.
· Bake in a medium oven for approximately 40 minutes or till the rack is just medium.
· In a pan, put the demi, Mountain pepper BBQ sauce, red wine and native pepperberries, bring to the boil.
· Carve the rack (1 cutlet per person) and serve with the Pepperberry and red wine sauce.
P.S. A nice accompaniment to this dish is a Mango and Illawarra Plum Chutney.
Commenting is closed for this article.