• Click here for more on Australian ingredients as wild foods and natural flavours eg Wattleseed, lemon myrtle sprinkle, Alpine pepper, paperbark etc. Or ingredients for cosmetics eg grass lily, quandong kernel extract, Kakadu plum, jalbi and more.
• Click here for Australian recipes and more on our emerging Australian cuisine eg Wattleseed pavlova or barramundi in paperbark or Coconut and Lemon myrtle brulée
• Click here for Australian functional ingredients eg our natural antimicrobial, Herbal-Active®, bioactive flavours eg forest anise, fruit spice, Kakadu Complex®
• Australian menu ideas and specifically our Skews® or the 13 part TV series on Australian cooking, Dining Downunder
• or our blog on recent news items, new products and industry happenings. Click here for a list of all my articles on a relatively wide variety of topics but all to do with Australian food.
Australian Functional Ingredients include spices, herbs, fruits, seeds, nuts, sauces, splashes, seasonings, syrups, infused oils, extracts, concentrates and more. Used in authentic Australian recipes these unique flavours are defining Australian food and help chefs and home cooks to create what is becoming and emerging authentic Australian cuisine.
Vic Cherikoff is regarded as a pioneer of the native Australian food industry and has nearly 30 years of experience in commercializing wild food species, taking them from the wild as bush tucker or bush foods to developing them into sophisticated, versatile, authentic Australian foods, beverages and functional ingredients. Where else would you go except to the market leader for quality, range, volumes and innovation of Australian ingredients and professionalism of service?
To begin exploring this website on Australian food, the 3 links below might help:
1. Cherikoff Rare Spices – our retail range for creative cooks and foodies
The first is on our growing Vic Cherikoff, The Essence of Australia branded
retail range (follow this link to go to our on-line store). Here you will find our food ingredients, cookbooks and also Kakadu Complex®), a new Super Food beverage which is beginning to make waves across Australia, New Zealand, the USA and Europe. We urge you to try some and feel the difference in your health and vitality.
Give your own familiar recipes a uniquely Australian flavour with our distinctively delicious, nutritiously enticing herbs, spices, fruits, seeds and products made from them. It is really easy to add a sprinkle or a dash of a wild food product to transform a dish and add that Wow! factor.
2. Cherikoff Wild Foods – our professional chefs’ range
This second link below will take you to our professional chef pages but anyone who loves new flavours, foods and creative cooking can start learning about Vic Cherikoff and AUstralian Functional Ingredients here. Our on
-line store also caters for wholesale purchasers so it’s easy to get commercial sized quantities of
Lemon myrtle sprinkle, Wattleseed, Alpine pepper, Riberry confit and the other products in our wide range of catering ingredients.
Chefs and restaurateurs – fill your outlet with customers who rave about your food. What better way to promote your establishment than word of mouth and becoming part of a global trend exploring the newest flavors in the food industry. Download our current Product Glossary.
3. Cherikoff Bioactives – functional ingredients and flavors for manufacturers
Or visit our manufacturing ingredient division (Cherikoff Bioactives). We supply the more discerning leading brands you see on supermarket shelves and in specialty stores, companies which realize the competitive edge a uniquely Australian food twist brings to a product range. Here you will also find information on our cosmetic ingredients and functionals such as Herbal-Active® and
HerBev® which are natural flavours with a strong antimicrobial action when used in low concentrations in appropriate foods, beverages and cosmetics. These are manufactured by Cherikoff Bioactives under licence from Cherikoff Global Pty Ltd.
Our unique Australian ingredients give you a competitive edge. Our flavors will create interest; re-vitalise existing products; or create entirely new ones; and in the process bring in plenty of new customers.
And be sure to check out our other related website:
You’ll find more wild food recipes and lots of videos from the Dining Downunder television series.
Australian Food News